For many years, LAVAIR has been one of the internationally leading system suppliers of air washer and air humidification systems for air handling equipment. Our products are used for air conditioning and air purification throughout the world, e.g. in the automotive industry’s paint finishing systems, building ventilation, clean room technology, biofiltration and in waste air purification in rolling mills.
With 25 qualified employees, we develop and produce innovative air and humidification systems for use across the world at our site in Aach, near Lake Constance. With our sales partners in England and France, we also provide support for our well-known customers in servicing, refurbishing and maintaining our systems.
TÜV certification in accordance with VDI 6022
The possibility of microbial colonisation cannot be ruled out in any water-bearing systems, air humidifiers included. To prevent health risks emanating therefrom, regular thorough inspection, testing, cleaning and, where applicable, disinfection are very important. In order to ensure hygienic operation, all areas of the air humidifier including the eliminators must be easily and safely accessible. VDI Guideline 6022 contains important design information regarding the accessibility of contaminated surfaces. It also calls for the materials used to be microbially inert. Guideline VDI 6022 provides up-to-date documentation of the state of the art in respect of the requirements on the hygiene of AHU systems and the air humidifiers that they contain. Under section 4 no. 3 of the Arbeitsschutzgesetz (German Occupational Health and Safety Act), there is a binding requirement on operators to take this into account when operating AHU systems.
To give our customers the assurance that our air humidifiers are based on the accepted state of the art, we have certified their basic design with TÜV Nord, in accordance with VDI 6022.
History / Milestones
Formation of Lavair GmbH in Volkertshausen as manufacturer of circulating water spray humidifiers.
First major project: air washer for new construction of the paint finishing plant at Audi.
Construction of a new manufacturing and administration building in Aach.
Reorganisation of Lavair GmbH to form Lavair AG.
Certification in accordance with VDI 6022.
Acquisition of Lavair AG by Ralph Herrmann and Dr Stephan Herrmann.
- BMWi research project (cooperation project under the Central Innovation Programme for SMEs): high-pressure humidifiers with thermal fragmentation
- Fundamental technical overhaul of the model range of drum filters
- Set-up of a test facility for developing air humidifiers
- Market launch of high-pressure humidifiers (JETVAP) and medium-pressure humidifiers (SPRAYVAP)
- Cooperative partnership between ENCON (Faridabad, India), FAME (Völklingen) and LAVAIR under the name ENCON SYSTEM SOLUTIONS as one of the leading system suppliers of exhaust suction devices in steel works/rolling mills.
- Trade show presentation by ENCON SYSTEM SOLUTIONS on the occasion of the 11th International Exhibition & Conference Minerals, Metals Metallurgy, Materials (MMMM), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Award for innovation “In Recognition of Excellence for Breakthrough Technology” presented, on the occasion of the MMMM, by the “Ministry of Steel of India”, represented by the “Minister of State, Mr. Vishnu Deo Sai”
- Acquisition of Bähr Saug- & Klimatechnik GmbH & Co. KG, based in Burscheid (acquisition of customers and word mark)
- Cooperation with Schweitzer Chemie in Freiberg am Neckar in relation to chemical sterilisation
- Formation of the engineering service provider Supart GmbH in Waiblingen to provide support in developing new products or customer-specific special solutions.
- Relaunch of the website
LAVAIR offers you a secure and future-proof job and an opportunity to contribute your creativity, passion and professional expertise in a self-reliant manner. At LAVAIR, varied and innovative tasks in a young, collegial team, flat hierarchies and versatile continuing education programmes await you.
Depending on the job description, we are looking for professionals and graduates with different profiles in the areas of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, process technology, development, design and industrial engineering, and with a desire to help to design our successful product solutions. As an innovative company that collaborates with research institutions, we also offer entry opportunities for student placements, internships and final degree assignments.
If you, too, are passionate about flow technology, thermodynamics and control engineering and would like to forge a successful career in an expanding company, we look forward to receiving your application!
Our current job advertisements
To support our team as soon as possible, we are seeking a
Mechanical engineer (m/f)
Mechanical engineering technician (m/f)
Your new challenges:
- Designing components and systems built from them
- Trialling prototypes on the test stand and evaluating test results
- Commissioning systems on-site at the customer’s
- Providing sensor-side/actuator-side instrumentation for humidification systems
- Participating in the development of process engineering program sequences and their control-side implementation
- Preparing technical documentation in conjunction with agencies
- Successfully completed training as electronics engineer or for related profession, e.g. electronics engineer for industrial engineering, electronics engineer for equipment and systems (m/f)
- Passion for innovative technology
- High degree of creativity
- Precise working style
- Self-reliant working
- Teamwork skills
- Self-confident and assertive manner in relation to customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of sheet metal design
- Basic knowledge of control technology, flow mechanics and thermodynamics
- Accomplished handling of 3D-CAD systems (preferably Siemens Solid Edge, Version ST 6.x)
- Knowledge of English
- Several years’ professional design experience
- Willingness to undertake business trips
We offer you:
- An attractive job with flat hierarchies in a growth-oriented company with international operations
- A varied range of tasks
- Short communication channels
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a collegial team
- A high degree of self-reliance
- Rapid implementation/trialling of technical ideas
- Attractive performance-related pay (13 monthly salaries + profit-sharing bonus/share of revenue)
- Mobile phone for business and private use
- Assistance with continuing education programmes
Sending your application documents
Do you suit us and we you? If so, send your application, indicating your salary expectations, to Dr Stephan Herrmann.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Intern for test facility for humidifier systems
- Planning, carrying out, supporting and documenting tests
- Evaluating and reworking measuring data
Duration: Variable, at least 6 months
Phone +49 7774 9311-16
Intern for introducing inventory management system
- Participating in the introduction of our inventory management system for the entire company (Sage 100 Office Line)
- Implementing company-specific requirements in the inventory management system
- Being responsible for entering our master data
Duration: Variable, at least 6 months
Dr.-Ing. Stephan Herrmann
Phone +49 7774 9311-24